Sunday, 30 November 2014

Wild About Beauty AW Lips and Nails

Hello everyone! Long time no speak/ write. Don't really know what my excuse is this time, I've just been a combination of extremely busy and feeling a little uninspired and didn't want to blog for the sake of blogging. However, I'm back with a vengeance and here to review some gorgeous beauty products...

A few weeks back I received a wonderful treat through my letterbox in the form of some products from the Autumn/Winter Wild About Beauty collection. I've blogged about the brand before (see this post) and really like the simplicity, quality and value of the range (not to mention that it is the brainchild of Louise Redknapp)! Today I thought I'd give a quick overview of some of my favourite lip and nail cosmetics in the collection, which make perfect stocking fillers for any beauty junkies who like trying out lesser-known brands...

Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Colour SPF 15

Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Colour SPF 15 in Bobbie (R.R.P £15)


This is a lightweight lipstick that will "leave your lips with a wash of sheer colour and soft shine finish." I absolutely adore the nude shade 'Bobbie', which is perfect for everyday both inside and outside the workplace. It reminds me of a MAC lipstick in that it smells great and it also contains ingredients to nourish your lips as well as give them a pop of colour. I wouldn't say it's a replacement for a more intensive lip balm, but it certainly does relieve dry lips, making it the perfect lipstick for cold winter days. 

Nail Colours 

Wild About Beauty Nail Colours in Michael and Jake (R.R.P £9 each)

I am a massive fan of Wild About Beauty nail polishes - they are easily and smoothly applied, don't chip easily, and come in some beautiful seasonal colours. Two of which are Michael and Jake. Michael is a jet black while Jake is a very dark, shimmering purple. I had actually never worn black nail polish before receiving this one from WAB so was hesitant to commit to a full set of nails. Therefore, harking back to my early teenage years, I used a mixture of both colours, creating inverse looks on each hand.

Left hand - Michael with one Jake accent nail (spot the annoying air bubble...)

Right hand - Jake with one Michael accent nail

The difference is barely noticeable but I definitely prefer the left hand and have to admit that I am a massive convert to black nail polish! It takes patience to apply as any mistakes are glaringly obvious, but can look super sleek and sophisticated. I also like the dark purple accent nail as it subtly breaks up the block, bold colour. This is definitely a look I shall be wearing a lot more over the winter months.

Have you tried any Wild About Beauty products? Or are there any other lesser-known beauty brands that you think have a great seasonal collection this year? Do let me know!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment