Saturday, 16 August 2014

Review: W7 Paint the Line liquid eyeliner



Hello and happy Saturday!

I'm a huge liquid eyeliner fan. It's a product I pretty much wear everyday - I don't have time on a day-to-day basis to do anything intricate with eyeshadow (I would obviously rather sleep for an extra ten minutes) so I tend to just stick to a clean liquid eyeliner line and mascara. Therefore, a good quality liquid eyeliner is one of my make-up bag staples.

I've been meaning to try out Body Shop's Smoky 2 in 1 Gel Liner Eyes and Brows but found myself the day before a wedding without any liquid eyeliner, so popped into the nearest Boots and picked up Rimmel's Scandaleyes Thick and Thin eyeliner. Literally the worst make up product I have ever bought. My boyfriend leaned over to me during the wedding reception and whispered, "you have make up all over your face..." I thought he was winding me up but when I looked in the mirror he was not exaggerating. It had smudged all over my top eyelids and somehow made its way onto my forehead?! I gave it a second chance the following day and the exact same thing happened. It's safe to say I threw the product away that night. Make sure you avoid it!

It's then that I found W7's Paint the Line liquid eyeliner in my make up drawer. I had no idea where it had come from and had never heard of the brand before. I must have got it as a sample in a magazine or something. Anyway, it's fantastic. It has a 'precision tip' which allows you to easily create a clean, sharp line and it also stays put all day without smudging. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I found that it's only £4.95 on the W7 website (or £2.93 on Amazon!). For the price, this really is a great product and I shall definitely be buying this again and finding out more about the W7 range.


Have you tried any products from lesser-known make-up brands that you have been impressed by? Do let me know!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I love the W7 brand, they have some amazing products!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they sound really good! I will definitely be trying out some more :)

      Delete