Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Review: Mattifying/ Oil-Free Moisturisers

Hello all!

Firstly, apologies for my lack of blogging of late. I've been extremely busy - since I last posted I've found a new place to live and found someone to take my current room. Now getting super excited about the move!

But all that aside, today's blog post is a review of three purse-friendly mattifying/ oil-free moisturisers. As a teen I had quite oily skin (super sexy) and, although my skin is much better now, I would still describe it as combination. Therefore, I tend to opt for light moisturisers that absorb quickly and banish shine as well as nourish my skin.


First up is Boots Skin Clear Oil-Free Mattifying Lotion (£2.99). I bought this one month when I was budgeting on everything. It definitely works on the mattifying side - apply this in the morning before make up and it banishes shine all day. However, it is not particularly moisturising, meaning I often found my skin still felt quite dry and tight after applying. Also, if you apply make up straight away and the moisturiser has not properly absorbed, it starts flaking in your hands. This is probably the best option if you have super oily skin but is not nourishing enough for those (like myself) who have combination skin. 2/5

Second is Garnier's Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream (£5.99 in Boots). I really like this product - I bought it when it was half price in Sainsbury's and was very happy with it. It smells fresh, is extremely light and absorbs quickly. 4/5

Third is Neutrogena's Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser (£4.99 in Boots). This is my favourite moisturiser of the moment and makes up part of my everyday skincare routine (which definitely sounds more complicated than it is). I think it smells great and my friends have also said this when they've stayed over and raided my things. It's really moisturising but also super light and you only need the tiniest bit for your whole face, meaning it lasts longer than the Garnier one. I would 100% recommend this to anyone with combination skin. 5/5

Have you tried any affordable moisturisers recently that really compliment your skin type? Do let me know in the comments!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have oily skin but I do get an oily T-zone during the summer, so I'll definitely be checking out the Neutrogena moisturiser you recommended!
    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of help! I was actually talking to my friend about this moisturiser last night and she was also raving about it - definitely worth checking out :)

    ReplyDelete