Friday, 25 July 2014

Feeling dressy

Hello and Happy Friday!

Just thought I'd share with you a couple of dresses I've bought recently for very little money. This is one of the many things I love about summer - while in winter you end up splashing out hundreds on warm coats and boots, in summer you can put an outfit together for under £30 reasonably easily.


The first dress I bought is this little orange number from Florence & Fred at Tesco. My housemates and I were at a huge store buying homeware for our new flat when I came across this. I thought at £18 it would be rude not to. F&F is a funny one - I wouldn't go into Tesco just to buy clothes as some of the range is quite tacky. However, often when you're not looking, you come across a great find. I absolutely love the colour of this dress and the material is so light and cool. The one downside is, as with most dresses that button all the way down at the front, if you sit it any sort of slouching position, you end up flashing a cheeky bit of tummy as the material between the buttons is pulled tighter. This encourages good posture I guess?!

The second dress I've bought recently is this one from H&M which I'm super pleased with at £5 in the sale. I've had so many compliments on it and it's really versatile - it can be worn for a day in the park or dressed up with a blazer and pumps for a smart-casual office feel. However this dress also has a downside (although this one is avoidable). It is a little bit see through and therefore nude underwear is a must. But hey, at £5, there had to be something a tiny bit inconvenient, didn't there?

Have you picked up any summer bargains recently or can you recommend any other stores where you can pick up a dress for under £20? Do let me know in the comments.

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment