Thursday, 29 May 2014

Body Shop Blue Corn Face Mask

Last bank holiday weekend I went to a wedding. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony as well as an incredible weekend with plenty of cheer and late nights. As a result of all this fun, by the time I went back to work on Tuesday, my skin was not particularly glowing. One of my friends, Kayleigh, is squatting at my house until her contract on her new house begins so I demanded that she try out my new face mask with me and pose for lots of pictures. She didn't take much persuading.

The face mask we used is one that I got for my birthday (one of many gifts that you can check out in this blog post). It's the Body Shop Blue Corn 3-In-1 Deep Cleansing Mask which claims to "cleanse, exfoliate and purify with Community Trade Blue Corn powder", and looks like this:


As you can see, it's a fairly thick mud mask that has exfoliating particles in it. You apply it on to damp skin and it goes on super easily and smoothly.

Cue face mask selfie:


It did "tingle" (verging on stinging) for the first five minutes but then settled down and we felt more comfortable. We kept it on for the maximum 15 minutes as recommended.

It was fairly difficult to take off (exfoliating as we washed), but manageable despite some contact lens drama from Kayleigh. When we had removed the last traces, however, our skin felt AMAZING. We both kept stroking our faces and telling each other how smooth it felt!

And here we are post face-mask. If I say so myself, our skin is positively glowing. I would 100% recommend this face mask as a good all-rounder for anyone who is looking to perk up and purify their skin with some quick-fix pampering.



Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing, your skin is really glowing! I love masks :)

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this is one of the best I've tried so far!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the sound of this mask! I'm such a massive fan of the Body Shop masks, but somehow I've never tried this one! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a massive Body Shop fan in general! And yes, give it a go the next time you pop in :)

      Delete
  3. Whoaa I thinks I should have it! Nice product and review dear!

    ReplyDelete