Thursday, 15 May 2014

Birthday Gifts

Hello! I realise I have not blogged for a few weeks (slap on the wrist) but life has been a bit of a whirlwind recently. An exciting part of that whirlwind was my birthday last Sunday. My boyfriend and I share the same birthday so you can always guarantee that our birthday weekend is action-packed. I was also lucky enough to receive some absolutely fabulous presents. I didn't ask for anything in particular this year but my family and friends were so thoughtful and I couldn't have picked better gifts if I'd tried. After plenty of flowers and champagne (what's not to love?), here's what else I received. Hopefully these give you some inspiration if you've got any birthdays coming up and you're stuck for ideas.





Gorillapod Hybrid Tripod - my dad got this for me after saying he'd read my blog and kept seeing my arm in pics of me when I was showing how i'd done my hair or make up. I do despise taking selfies so anything that makes them a little less cringey gets a big thumbs up from me. It's also a good excuse to get more creative with photography and I'm up for the challenge!

Body Shop Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask - as I wrote in this review of GlamGlow Tinglexfoliate mud, I'm on a bit of a mission to try out new face masks. I'm looking forward to using this 3 in 1 mask, which claims to cleanse, exfoliate and purify all in one. I'm sure I'll be blogging a review of this very soon!

White company flowers candle - this is quite possibly the greatest scented candle I have ever smelt. And I haven't even lit it yet! As soon as you open the box, you are hit with a delightful mix of jasmine, rose, neroli, lavender & geranium. This is the perfect present for those looking for something a little special.

Body Shop slanted eyeshadow brush - I've never actually had one of these before but have heard they're super handy when filling in your eyebrows/ you need more precision than a normal eyeshadow brush. I can't wait to experiment with it.

The Boy With The Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne - my mum gets me a book without fail for every birthday and Christmas. I can't wait to read this one.

MAC Frost lipstick in Angel - a gorgeous nude shade and the perfect make up bag staple. Once again, keep your eyes on my Instagram.


MAC nail polish in Dark Angel - this shade is beautiful and this picture doesn't do it justice! Keep your eyes on my Instagram as I will be posting a pic of this polish in all it's glory in the coming days.

MAC Frost lipstick in Angel - a gorgeous nude shade and the perfect make up bag staple. Once again, keep your eyes on my Instagram.

Bracelet from Pia - If you've never checked out Pia Jewellery before, do it now. They are really reasonably priced and make pretty, delicate jewellery which make perfect gifts. This bracelet was a present from my dad and he bought me some earrings from there for Christmas too. Both are firm favourites!

Body Shop Moringa body mist - I'm not usually one for using body spray, tending to opt for an eau de parfum. However, this stuff smells fantastic and is super fresh and light so can be reapplied throughout the day. Perfect for the summer months.

You Look Lovely Today make up bag - I have never been a morning person. Despite 9 months now in the working world, I still often struggle to tear myself away from my bed. This complimentary wash bag should make it that little bit easier.

For obvious reasons I've not included prices but I'm sure you can google any of these items pretty easily if they take your fancy. Hope this has given you some present ideas for any birthdays you have coming up. 

Ciao for now!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You weren't wrong! Read it on the train back to London on Sunday. My face was a mess x

      Delete
  2. Oh happy belated birthday! You got some lovely things, MAC Angel lipstick is one of my favourites xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, I was truly spoilt :)

      Delete
  3. Happy belated! I read Boy with the Striped Pajamas and I cried at the end! Very good book xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I was also very emotional! Thanks for the birthday wishes xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try The Body Shop skincare range - I've heard so many good things about it! And The Boy In Striped Pyjamas is such an amazing, well written book. I hope you had a lovely birthday!
    Daniela | danielascribbles blog xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Body Shop and it's not too expensive either! Just written a review of the face mask so feel free to check it ot :) x

      Delete