Monday, 21 April 2014

Minty Fresh



Hi everyone and happy bank holiday weekend! I hope you're all enjoying a relaxing few days off.

You may have noticed that mint-coloured clothes, accessories and make up are literally everywhere now spring has begun. I absolutely love pastel colours and mint is just that little bit less girly than pastel pink which is perfect for me as I don't consider myself to be too much of a girly girl.

The other day I went into New Look and had a bit of a mint moment. The first thing that caught my eye was this crop t-shirt. 

Turquoise Crop T-Shirt (R.R.P £12.99)

New Look is selling these tops in several colours - they are such good value and so versatile. I tried to buy one in cream as well but they had, alas, sold out of most sizes. I love wearing this simple top with skinny jeans and a statement necklace to add some detail to the outfit. Here I am smiling away on Brighton beach (the necklace is from ASOS and was bought for me by a friend years ago but I still love it). I'm also wearing slim, maroon converse trainers but these didn't quite make the shot.



I also bought this lingerie set from the Kelly Brook collection at New Look.


Kelly Brook Turquoise Lace Overlay Balconette Bra (R.R.P. £14.99) and Brazilian Brief (R.R.P. £6.99)


Some of the range is pretty tacky (soz Kelly) but this set is really pretty and the colour looks great against a tan, making it a great alternative to white. I will definitely be looking out for a mint bikini for my summer holiday for that very reason. 

What's your favourite pastel colour this season? Let me know in the comments!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the underwear (weird comment, I know). Barry M have some lovely mint shades at the moment which I'm absolutely obsessed with!


    Writer’s block and broken lenses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks AJ! I do love a bit of Barry M also :)

    ReplyDelete