Friday, 11 April 2014

GlamGlow face mask - is it worth the hype?

You may remember that last month I popped along to the opening event of So Me Beauty & Wellness in Clapham. In the goodie bag that I came out with was a sample sachet of GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment, the tingling, exfoliating mud mask that I've heard many people raving about.


Well the other night, I decided to give it a go. I am quite ignorant when it comes to face masks but I know others who swear by them. I guess my skin has never been that bad and any problems I've had in the last couple of years have been purely hormonal, and there's not much one can do about that. One thing I was hoping to achieve, however, is for my pores to look minimised. I said to myself that, despite the hefty price tag (it's a whopping £49.99 for a 50g tub on the official website), if I was super impressed with this face mask, I would put it on my birthday list for next month.


It says on the directions that you should feel a tingling sensation in 10 minutes or less. I felt this almost instantly to the point that it was almost unpleasant. This feeling didn't last though as my face got used to it pretty quickly. I don't know if it's meant to look as lumpy as it does in the pictures (I look a little like I have some sort of disease) but it was easy to apply and wasn't uncomfortable when it solidified. It was also easy to take off with circular, exfoliating motions. 

And here's the end result (just can't get enough of the no make-up selfies nowadays)! All in all, I am quite impressed with it. My skin does feels super smooth and I think my pores did appear to be tightened. However, I don't think it's worth the price tag and i'm sure a cheaper exfoliating mask could pretty much do the same job. Unfortunately, it won't be making the birthday list cut.


Have you tried GlamGlow? And if so, what did you make of it? Let me know which face masks (with a smaller price tag) work best for you and I'll be sure to give them a go as I venture deeper into the world of skincare.

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering if this product is worth the hype so I appreciate your honest review! Your skin looks amazing without makeup as well! I am very jealous. I get horrible breakouts around my chin so I was hoping this mask could help but like you said, I think there are a lot more affordable products out there that are just as effective! Loved this post and dig your blog too. New follower here xx

    ReplyDelete