Sunday, 9 February 2014

Review: Benefit Fake Up concealer

Today I thought I'd review a product which I literally wear everyday - Benefit's Fake Up concealer. This product has been around since last summer and I have been addicted to it ever since. It is also the perfect day to write this review as I need this concealer more than ever. I had a late night last night and am naturally looking a little bit worse for wear (for some bizarre reason I have images to prove this so keep reading). Anyway, Benefit's Fake Up concealer looks like this:



As you can see from the picture, the concealer comes in a lipstick-size tube and performs two functions: it has a vitamin E and apple seed extract moisturising layer around the outside and concealer on the inside (the one pictured here is the medium shade). This is perfect as it feels super silky and nourishing but also banishes dark circles to brighten up tired eyes.

And here's the proof:

Before: the above picture is of my right eye this morning looking a little bit on the sleepy side to put it nicely. I have no make up on apart from a touch of mascara so you can really see the difference after the concealer is applied. My ever-so kind dad has recently let me borrow his SLR camera for blogging which is really lovely of him but maybe I should have taken this on my iPhone to make it more complimentary...


After: The only difference between this picture and the last is a lick of Fake Up concealer. I have dotted it under my eye and on my eyelid and blended with my ring finger (the lovely lady at the Benefit counter recommended this as blending with your index finger uses too much pressure - top tip). As you can see, it has really evened out my skin tone and my eye looks a lot more perky.

All in all, this product is a must-have for anyone who likes to work hard, play hard, and still look like a functioning human being.

Have you tried Benefit's Fake Up concealer? Or are there any other concealers that you would like to shout about? Let me know!

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment