Sunday, 2 February 2014

My favourite lipstick this winter

Good morning everyone! I woke up disgustingly early today which I am not happy about as Sundays, in my opinion, were made for lie-ins. But never mind, I've had a productive morning and a very relaxing weekend in general which is a rare occurrence.

Today I thought I'd share with you my favourite lipstick this winter before spring is well and truly upon us - Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rich Raisin Frost. I bought this a couple of months ago when I wanted something a little darker and autumnal and, since then, it has been my go-to lipstick for both day and night.


Initially, I wanted to buy a darker berry shade but thought that this shade was a lot more versatile as it is not so dramatic. I tend to go for a rather neutral make up look so this suited me just fine. As you can see, it's a less intense scarlet red which also adds a bit of brightness to your look during the winter months.

It also looks lighter on in real life than the product first appears as you can see from the image below. I tend to use about one to two coats to get the look I want but it can of course be layered up to make it that bit darker.

Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rich Raisin Frost. £7.49 at Boots

Have you bought any lipsticks this winter that have lasted you the entire season? And has anyone got any suggestions for the summer season ahead? Let me know in the comments section :)

Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft or on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Much lighter than I expected when looking at the photo of the lipstick. But lovely!

    ReplyDelete