Thursday, 12 July 2012

How to get voluminous hair like Kim Kardashian (well, almost...)

Picture courtesy of haircutshairstyles.com/ Getty images

Before I begin, I feel like I should justify my absence from the blogging community. Basically, the last few months has been absolutely hectic for me! What with revising for and sitting my final exams, taking a girly city break to Copenhagen, doing a mini tour of the U.S.A and graduating, I have had little spare time to sit down at my computer. From now on though, after all the excitement of the last few months, I'm looking forward to getting some routine back in my life and returning to the blogging scene!

One advantage of this long break is that I have tried and tested a fair few products in the time I've been away that I'm looking forward to sharing with my lovely followers. Let's start with TIGI Bed Head Totally Baked Volumizing & Prepping Hair Meringue. 

TIGI Bed Head Totally Baked Volumizing & Prepping Hair Meringue (R.R.P. £12.50)

I am always on the lookout for new ways to plump up my hair à la Kim Kardashian and when my hairdresser introduced me to this product during a pre-graduation trim, I bought it there and then. She suggested using one to two pumps of mousse to be massaged into the roots of wet hair before blow drying. Being the amateur that I am, my blow drying skills are not to be desired but this worked just as well when I used it at home myself. I simply applied the mousse and rough dried my hair, putting in large rollers when my hair was half-dry before continuing to dry. 


What's more, if you dry it in, it leaves no greasy residue unlike some cheaper volumizing mousses that I've tried previously. It also smells like Lemon Meringue Pie which is awesome, but perhaps not so great if you plan to go somewhere where there are likely to be swarms of bees and/ or wasps. 


So there you have it, my new volumising mousse of choice. And below, a cheesy picture of me at my graduation sporting said mousse. Enjoy!




Want more? Follow me on twitter @jobancroft

2 comments:

  1. you look stunning and your hair is brill! hope you had an amazing graduation :)

    chlo @chlowitty blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hairdo really suits you:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete