Thursday, 2 February 2012

New purse from Matt and Nat

I had been searching for a new purse to replace my £3 Primark one for a long time. I'd never meant to keep my Primark one for so long; it was bought as a temporary replacement when the clasp on my previous leather purse broke, and then I got lazy and penniless and it nestled into my handbag for a good 5 months.

Last week, however, I decided to ditch the vile thing once and for all and replaced it with this purse by Matt at Matt and Nat:
 Matt by Matt and Nat Jules Wallet (R.R.P £50)

As you can probably guess from the presentation box, Matt and Nat portrays itself as a luxury brand but with a difference - their aim is to create vegan products, "developing beautiful (we hope) products for people who appreciate a smart, unpretentious, socially conscious brand characterized by minimalist design and utility". One of the ways in which they achieve this goal is by making all of their purses and bags out of 100% recycled plastic bottles, which is good news for both cows and the environment. Although I am partial to a leather product, I am very pleased with the quality and feel of the purse, but I have to admit that, even after a week of use, it still smells a little of synthetic materials. Otherwise though, I am extremely happy with the product and would recommend Matt and Nat to any environmentally-conscious fashionista looking for a new purse or bag.

Are you aware of any other brands who pride themselves on their efforts to protect animals or the environment? I would love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous! definitely a good choice! I love matt & nat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice! I love this and the little box is too cute. :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this like, eco friendly and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really amazing that they use recycled bottles to make that cute purse! I wish I knew how to do that!! ;)

    Have a lovely day!

    ElyAnn
    xx
    TheSpicyItalian

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it!

    http://dashofimagination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! love the pattern of the various sized buttons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this purse, it's gorgeous. Usually you can tell the difference with "faux" leather but this looks like the real thing. Can't believe they make them out of recycled bottles?! What a fab idea!

    Meg x
    wardrobeworship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice bag - will check out the label as I wasn't familiar with it yet.

    ReplyDelete