Friday, 27 January 2012

Two's Company Tweezers

As you may have heard me discuss before, I am a quarter Asian (Indian Malay to be exact). This comes with its advantages (year-round tan) and its disadvantages (high-maintenance eyebrows). Since my early teens I have been battling to control the beasts and I know this is a universal problem for a lot of women as keeping them in tip-top shape can be a time-consuming and not particularly pleasant experience.

Until Christmas, I always used slanted tweezers that I bought from my local pharmacy. They were nothing special, and I have wanted a pair of Tweezermans for a long time, but I could never commit myself to paying over £20 for a pair of tweezers, no matter how good they are.

Luckily for me, one of my mum's oldest friends who buys me a Christmas present every year got me these tweezers by Two's Company:

I had never heard of Two's Company before and I imagine they will be unfamiliar to most people. However, they are absolutely amazing. They grip really tightly, pulling each hair out from the root to avoid that annoying dot of hair that remains after using poor quality tweezers. They also come in a variety of different doll patterns, which is not useful in any way but adds some novelty value if you are that way inclined. 

I tried to find an official website or Twitter page belonging to Two's Company but they don't seem to own either. They should probably address this asap. However, here is a website where you can buy a pair of your own for only £3.99. Step aside Tweezerman.

For some reason my eyebrows look rather evil here, I hope this is not really the case.

4 comments:

  1. I had a pair of pink Tweezermans that I found in a discount store for $10, but I lost them on a recent trip! I'm with you in that I can't bring myself to pay full price for another pair.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tweezer is so cute - oh, I would love to have one like that too! :)
    If you find a while, take a look also at my outfits: http://violinstyle.blogspot.com/
    The newest one is inspired by... Pink Panther! ;)
    If you like it, please follow me via GFC.
    I'll be glad to follow you back. :)
    Greetings,
    Joanna from www.violinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest pair of tweezers I've ever seen!

    xoxo
    Madiha

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are matching pretty Nail Scissors and Nail Files too!

    http://www.gemjan-gifts4u.co.uk/tweezers.php

    £3.49 is a good price for Tweezers especially as there is free delivery

    ReplyDelete