Friday, 20 January 2012

How to get shiny hair like Kelly Rowland (well, almost)

Picture courtesy of zimbo.com
While watching last year's UK X-Factor, I was as captivated by the sheer glossiness of Kelly Rowland's hair as the performances of the rather average contestants. Every week her hair glowed and I decided to make more of an effort to get my hair into tip top shape. My hair is naturally quite smooth anyway, but still benefits from being smothered in various hair products. Kelly's hairdresser probably has a whole truck full of them.

Obviously, without a mega-pricey stylist and an extremely flattering light, us common people will never quite achieve Kelly's flawless locks. But here are the products which I think give us all a good shot at achieving A-list hair. You will notice that I am a massive fan of Aussie hair products; if you're not already a dedicated Aussie user, become one! 

As I have long hair, I use Aussie Luscious Long Shampoo and Conditioner. It's common knowledge that long hair is prone to split ends and can be very high maintenance. It's therefore essential to arm yourself with a shampoo and conditioner you can trust. For me, Luscious Long is just the ticket.

Aussie Luscious Long Shampoo (Retails for around £3.99) and Conditioner (Retails for around £3.68)
Before blow-drying your hair, apply a small blob of Take the Heat cream to the palm of your hands and run through hair, concentrating on the ends to avoid greasiness at the roots. Comb the product through before drying. This product will protect your hair against heat-damage and make it super soft.

Aussie Take the Heat Cream (Retails for around £4.99)
If you still feel your hair is lacking a certain softness, treat it to 3 Minute Miracle with your next wash. It's like a face mask, but for your hair.
Aussie Luscious Long 3 Minute Miracle (Retails for around £4.99)
Comb your hair. A lot. I never really have time for this but when done, it makes all the difference. Just spend a good 5 - 10 minutes combing through your hair. It could be completely knot-free when you start, but just combing it will stimulate some of the oils in your scalp and drag them down the length of your hair. Lovely natural oils.

Et voila! Super sleek hair! Oh, and to perfect the glossiness à la Kelly, use Soap and Glory's Easy Glistening on bare legs before an evening out. It's best to wait a couple of hours after shaving your legs before applying it though. Trust me, I found out the hard way.
Soap and Glory Easy Glistening Dry Oil Body Gloss (Retails for around £5.11)

4 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSS, I love Aussie products! And I'm in the process of growing out my hair. Wonderful post! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. o0o great post! i'm looking for new products for my hair that won't empty my wallet.

    PS- Thanks for following my blog back!! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were this riske to go and test out different ways of getting a glow. I'm truly a scared machine, but thanks for sharing.

    www.marleysimonestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Aussie in the states too even though their packaging is pretty different here. I'll have to try some next time I need hair products. Thanks for your message on IFB. I'm now following you and you can find me here: http://theforgestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete