Thursday, 1 December 2011

First attempt using crackle nail polish

I am pretty useless at keeping my nails in good condition. I've had a lot of uni work recently and all I want to do when I get home from a long slog at the library is get into my comfiest slouch pants and put my hair in a bun (worst beauty blogger ever). However, this evening while watching Raymond Brigg's The Snowman with my house mates - it's now the 1st December and therefore perfectly acceptable - I decided to try my hand at painting my nails with crackle nail polish. For some reason there was a middle-aged man in our students' union today who looked like he'd hijacked a lorry full of make up to sell on his stand. Absolutely fine by me though, as I am extremely tight on cash at the moment and am always on the look out for bargains. I chose Beauty UK's shatter polish in night fever.


Beauty UK shatter polish in 06 night fever (R.R.P £2.99)




Maybelline Salon Manicure Anti-Breakage Base, No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Pink Grapefruit, Beauty UK Shatter Polish in 06 Night Fever, Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Topcoat

For a first attempt, I'd say that the crackle nail effect worked quite well although I believe there is a certain knack to it and, of course, practise makes perfect. From this one attempt I think it works better if you add a thin layer of the crackle polish as it is more prone to cracking that way. As you can see from the picture above, I used three other polishes alongside it, all of which I'm very fond of and use religiously. Never underestimate the importance of a base coat to protect your nails and prevent discolouring, and a top coat to avoid chipping!

So there you have it - an evening watching The Snowman and painting my nails. Living the student dream!

4 comments:

  1. your nails look great! and omg, I need to stop painting my nails, my nails are sooo unhealthy

    www.lo-ret-ta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loretta! Unfortunately I can't seem to access your blog from the details provided :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it but I've been a fan of it for sometime and I do love that it's commercially available!!! You can totally get creative with the color mix.

    www.marleysimonestyle.com

    ReplyDelete