Thursday, 20 October 2011

Your Highness = Hair product royalty

After my student loan arrived in my account a couple of weeks ago, I decided to treat myself to some expensive hair products. I opted for TIGI's Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray and Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray as I love having voluminous hair, especially on a night out.



The Root Boost Spray is intended for use on towel-dried hair and only a little bit is needed to ensure that your hair dries with a natural-looking boost. It says on the can that you should blow-dry your hair after applying the spray but, as much as I love styling my hair, I have never mastered the art of blow-drying with a brush. However, I still got an excellent result by rough-drying, tipping my head upside down for extra lift.

The Firm Hold Hairspray is by far the best hairspray I've ever used in terms of the amount of volume achieved. Last weekend I flew over to Dublin to see some friends I met whilst studying abroad in Lyon. I knew I would be pushed for time between arriving at the airport and hitting the town so I styled my hair before I left my house in the UK. The hairspray was so effective that my half-up, half-down do survived the plane journey, even though I fell asleep and was probably rolling my head around everywhere. However, the one downside to this hairspray is that it is almost impossible to brush out and therefore, your hair nearly always needs washing the morning after. Personally though, I think this is a small price to pay for such firm and long-lasting hold.


Ready for a night out in Dublin

TIGI's Catwalk Your Highness Root Boost Spray (RRP £10.72) and Your Highness Firm Hold Hairspray (RRP £9.70) are available in most salons but, for the students among you, you can also buy them on ASOS and take advantage of a 20% discount if you own an NUS Extra card.

No comments:

Post a Comment