Friday, 21 October 2011

I want them 'cause they're boot-iful

(Sorry for the terrible pun, I couldn't help myself)

Every autumn I find myself looking for a new pair of winter boots as I am useless at looking after anything. My mother nags me all the time to get my boots reheeled when they start to show wear and tear but I never do and they inevitably go beyond repair. This autumn is no exception. So yesterday I descended upon the Trafford Centre with great enthusiasm, hoping to get a nice pair of leather boots with a budget of £100.

I found some gorgeous ones in Office but they had a wedge heel and I am terrible at walking in heels for a long period of time so thought they were impractical for everyday use. After a few hours of further disappointment in various shoe stores, I allowed myself to be lured into Selfridges. Here I found this gorgeous pair of boots by Carvela by Kurt Geiger:

Photo courtesy of Kurt Geiger

I tried them on and they fitted perfectly - they elongated my little legs and didn't emphasise how skinny my calves are (most boots are too baggy for my calves and it's not a good look). On top of all this, the leather looks beautiful and I love their equestrian look, which is at the height of fashion this season. However, they retail for a whole £190 - nearly double my original budget, but only £15 more expensive than classic UGGS and, I think, a great deal more stylish.

So, what do you think? To buy or not to buy? That is the agonising question.

1 comment: